Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sex, Love, Intercourse? Hexed or Not

Let's not confuse the issue by discussing it.

I'm going to teach myself how to get the links thing working on this blog, so that I can direct you to the specific news item. I know that it's fairly easy, just hasn't been a priority until now.

While checking the New York Times today, I see that there are two new books out about how married couples decided to have sex every day for a specific number of days.

In reading the article, it's mentioned that married people sometimes don't have sex for weeks and even months! What? You mean they don't do it a couple of times a day?

Now I understand why I'm still single. Too bad that there's no way to explain this to the people who I know around here. They can't understand why I'm not married/divorced/remarried. Which is the status of about 85% of the people in this county. Hey, it's the Bible Belt. If you ain't married, then any sex is sin. If you're married, then it's either OK or just adultery.

Men get married to have sex without the time consuming mating dance, posing and preening that's necessary to snag the available female. Who's going to do all the deciding anyway.

I think women get married for the security. Don't quote me on it, I'm just hazarding an opinion here.

In rereading the article, I noticed that one word was missing. Different sex therapists were interviewed and mentioned important relationships aspects; financial, career, etc. No one mentioned that really scary word; love.

One of the most powerful words in the world and one that's guaranteed to kick start either a tirade of scorn or a paean to the ideal relationship. Ideal relationships don't exist, you have to work at any relationship, no matter what it's based on. The idea being to improve your understanding of each other.

That's what intercourse is about, isn't it? Communication between people.

My own situation has been slightly different than most. An ex-girlfriend got angry at me over a misunderstanding. Which I tried to explain, but she wasn't interested in hearing it.

So, she had her mother put a 'hex' on me. Her mom being a practicing witch and all. She told me that I wouldn't have sex for seven years. Hey, that's what she told me.

I didn't believe it at the time and still don't.

One thing I do know.

Don't ever let a woman cut off a lock of your hair.

You don't even want to know how long it's been for me.

No comments: