Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's NOT On The List

You ever make a list of things to do?

Recommended by people who 'get things done', for those of us who are constantly getting interrupted by other events.

Had a list made out, sure I was going to mark off each and every one of those items before the end of the weekend rolled around.

Wrote a post for the blog, didn't post it, needs work. Saturday, worked up at the tractor shed, trying to get a project ready to paint. My father shows up with a truckload of appliances. Nice day, sunny day, few clouds, 20% chance of rain.

Except those clouds weren't told about it. After getting the washer and dryer unloaded, I find myself in the middle of a thunderstorm. Rain hammering down on me as we try to wrestle a large refrigerator from the back of one truck onto another, without an appliance dolly. Don't ask.

Drove the truck and the now soaking wet refrigerator into the tractor shed. Parked it to let it dry. The fridge has got to be moved again anyway, so why unload it? Stood in the door and watched the 100% downpour soak everything in sight, including my painting project. Oh well, there's always next week, when it dries out. Which will be about the same time that I dry out.

Mom would never let me play in the rain, but I seem to spend a lot of time working in it.

Then I got a phone call about another project...

Which put everything planned for Sunday on the back burner.

The first thing that I'm going to do on Monday is burn last week's list.

If I can find it.

No comments: