Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Unions, Contracts and Con Jobs

I'm spending way too much time reading about the SAG/AMPTP contract situation.

It would be great, if someone had a plan to end the mess that's going on in Hollywood, but...

In my humble opinion, SAG is not using it's members to get the word out. I don't know what individual SAG members are doing to build up support from the marketplace, otherwise known as the TV and Film audience. It's pretty obvious that major stars haven't done too much, if they have, it's not showing up on major media coverage.

AMPTP is doing the least work with the most results. I read their press release and it's a very good job of placing all the issues and the resulting slowdown in movie production on other people. We all know that the good-hearted people running the studios and corporations would never do anything to crush the employees.

Maybe I'm being too polite about all of this, but I can't get into rant mode.

If you are dumb enough to believe everything that is advertised, then you're probably still waiting for E.T. to come back and visit.

Wanna buy a bridge?

No comments: