Monday, April 28, 2008

End Times, Books and the Internet---------Part Two

I should have known better.



Never bring up religion, politics or sex. It ALWAYS gets someone angry. No matter how you present your topic.



I received a comment, which won't be posted, about how I would "enjoy" a website listing lawsuits concerning the Jehovah's Witnesses. Since the person who sent the comment used the 'anon' signature, I won't post it.



You don't have the guts to sign your name, why should I post your stuff?



First off, I don't 'enjoy' any lawsuit. Been there and done that. I don't think anyone 'enjoys' going to court, no matter what the reason. It goes back to what I mentioned in the previous post. No respect. People who don't respect the law or other people, wind up in court. Sometimes, people who do respect the law wind up in court.


We can get into a long debate about 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' here. One of the freedoms guaranteed us is religious freedom in America. The problem is, too many people want to tell other people how to live. They don't stop at what you do, but how you do it, where you do it, who you do it with, and what you wear when you do it.



It's none of your business, how another person lives their life, as long as they respect your rights and your space. Step over the line, try to tell them how to live? Who gave you the right to do that?



Judgmental situations arise every day. We all judge people and events, not knowing all the facts. I have worked with Jehovah's Witnesses at different jobs. Guess what, they are people, just like anyone else. They just have a belief system that's different to the point of bothering those who are more sheep-like than others.



Ever notice that people who have a firm belief are never afraid to express it? Doesn't matter if they are a scientist, a religious leader or a politician. They are SURE that what they are saying is correct, until proven wrong.



Now the key word here is BELIEF. This is where the tribe empowerment comes into play. All those folks who back you up reinforce what you think is correct.



Remember, they burned people at the stake a few centuries back, because they believed that the earth orbited around the sun. At that time, the people with the torches were sure that the sun orbited around the earth. Some even thought that the earth was flat.



Which brings us back to that other thing that I mentioned in the last post, perspective.



I don't know it all, neither do you.



It's always best to try and get some perspective to any situation.

What I do know is this. When it comes to my body, it's none of your business how it's treated and cared for. You aren't paying for it, so you don't have any say in it.

As for people who refuse blood transfusions, I'm one of them. No, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness.

I'm a person who's worked in a hospital and seen doctors, nurses and others make mistakes. Some of which killed people.

Why do you think that doctors and lawyers have 'practices'?

It's because they're still learning on the job.

No comments: